Game Collector Free is a great software package for those who are looking to quickly categorise their video game collection. Not only will it list all games in a clear manner, but other functions such as the ability to download publisher information can be useful when a specific file needs to be retrieved within only a few seconds.
Main Features and Options
Game Collector Free automatically downloads all of the most pertinent information associated with each file. Examples here include the publisher, the developer and the game description. It is likewise possible to download cover images for even faster visual recognition. The title of the game can be entered into the search field while it is also possible to scan the bar code of the game with the use of a smartphone. Multiple views and layouts are provided. These templates can then be customised to suit the unique preferences of the user.
Other Tools and Uses
This software supports common formats such as DVDs, CDs, Blu-Ray discs and cartridges. There are even times when trailers for a specific game can be downloaded via a YouTube link. A final benefit is that Game Collector Free comes equipped with cloud storage capabilities. This can help to free up space on a computer while simultaneously providing back-up files in the event of a system crash.
- "System" and "User" Templates can now be placed in two separate locations. System Templates are back to their old location in: \Program Files\Collectorz.com\Game Collector\Templates\
- User Templates can now be (optionally) placed in a user configurable location (Tools / Options), which defaults to \My Documents\Game Collector\Templates\
- Added: Import from Text feature moved from Add Automatically screen to File / Import From / Text,
- so that items are imported directly into the database, instead of to the Search Queue.
- Portuguese Brasilian language support